We provide evidence based, user friendly information and advice to help patients better understand and manage their asthma, and answer any questions that might arise in between GP visits.
Your patient will receive a phone call (within two working days of referral) from one of our Foundation staff to discuss their asthma control and any issues with them. We work with your patient providing education and support, and assist with goal setting.The aim is to ensure people have the knowledge and understanding to practice good asthma self-management.
Asthma Foundations use the Asthma Control Test, a validated tool, to measure current asthma control, and aim to work with the patient to improve control, in conjunction with their GP.
From July 2016, Asthma Australia will be using The COACH Program in a world first for asthma - with a new asthma module. To learn about this service, please click here.
To refer you currently have three options:
- Complete the referral webform below
- Download and complete the Patient Education Referral Service form (PDF 84.9KB).
- Return using the SUBMIT FORM button on the form, or
- Email to referrals @asthmaaustralia.org.au, or
- Fax to 07 3257 1080
- Complete the form within Best Practice clinical software.