Asthma Australia has three apps to assist people with asthma and their carers:
The asthma first aid app is your go-to tool for an asthma emergency. It covers both first aid in the event of an asthma emergency plus the ability to review each of the four first aid steps.
This app is an educational tool developed by Asthma Australia for people with asthma, their families and carers. It provides easy access to the asthma first aid steps in both live and training versions.
The app is perfect for family, friends, school, childcare, sport and recreation and allows you to:
- follow the asthma first aid steps live in ATTACK mode
- learn the asthma first aid steps in TRAINING REVIEW mode
- review the asthma first aid steps, using a sample of scenarios, in TRAINING SCENARIO mode
The Kiss My Asthma App is an app for young people, developed by Young People. The app was developed by the University of Sydney with funding from Asthma Australia's National Research Fund.
What does the app include?
The app features:
- access to your Asthma Action Plan
- the ability to track your asthma symptoms, severity and attacks, making it easy to inform your doctor or specialist accurately about your asthma
- mood tracker
- setting goals and receive support from one of the app’s monster assistants
- reminders to take your asthma preventer medications
- Asthma First Aid instructions and emergency contacts
- finding out more about asthma, asthma medications and devices, and managing anxiety
Based on the hugely popular Health Professional Flipchart that has been in demand for many years, the app aims to assist in the provision of key asthma self-managements steps – right at your fingertips.
The Asthma App provides easy access to:
- the latest asthma information
- asthma medication and devices
- device technique videos
- asthma action plans
- asthma first aid steps
- and the Australian Asthma Handbook clinical guidelines
Health Professionals can even refer patients to our Patient Education Referral Service for additional support directly from the app.