Could you become a better breather?
During Asthma Week (1 - 7 September) we encourage you to find out if you could become a better breather by following the five B's.
1. Become informed - Take the Asthma Control Test
Asthma doesn’t have to impact your
quality of life but you need to be informed.
2. Blow away hayfever - And keep on top of asthma
80% of people with asthma also experience hay fever, which can trigger an asthma flare up.
3. Brush up on technique - Take your medication more effectively
Up to 90% of people with asthma have poor device technique but pharmacists can play a really important role in helping you to brush up on technique.
4. Befriend your health professional - When you need answers just ask!
Asthma symptoms can vary a lot from person to person so it’s important to befriend your health professional.
5. Breathe better - Call the 1800 ASTHMA Helpline (1800 278 462) to find out how
Everyone can make improvements and learn ways to breathe better.
Want to promote Asthma Week in your workplace?
Download the Asthma Week Poster (PDF 815.3KB)
Download the Asthma Week Brochure (PDF 671.6KB)
Asthma and allergic rhinitis - for pharmacies (PDF 318KB)
Asthma and allergic rhinitis - for GPs (PDF 302.9KB)
Asthma and Hay fever (PDF 3.1MB)