Consumer Advisory Council
Asthma Australia is the nation’s peak asthma body. Our work is supported and endorsed by some of the world’s leading asthma health care professionals and researchers. Our staff and volunteers are leaders in their fields and together we strive to deliver excellence every day for people with asthma.
Asthma Australia is establishing a national Consumer Advisory Council (CAC) as a formal mechanism to more broadly engage with the community to ensure that the interests of consumers and carers are at the centre of Asthma Australia’s planning, communications and processes.
Asthma Australia will value the expertise and participation of all members of the CAC and welcomes nominations from members of Asthma Australia and people with asthma and carers of people with asthma from across Australia.
The purpose of the CAC is to support the Asthma Australia to better meet the diverse needs of people with asthma and those who care for them by providing advice, information and guidance to the Board and Management on;
- the policies, services and practices essential to support people with asthma and their carers, with particular representation from priority population groups.
- the development and delivery of the Asthma Australia consumer engagement strategy.
Terms of Reference (PDF 234.9KB)
Who is it for?
The Committee comprises 12 Consumer Advisory Council members and will represent a spectrum of asthma issues and individual's experiences, including:
- Across the life spectrum; young and old
- Priority population groups; CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, rural and remote
- Vulnerable communities (socioeconomic disadvantage, hard to reach, vulnerable housing)
- Representative of a spectrum of asthma conditions and severity
- Carers for younger child (<12 years) and an older child (12+)
- Gender diversity
- Representative of all jurisdictions across which Asthma Australia operates (QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT, SA)
Note: A Consumer Advisory Councillor must be a Member.
Time and location
A minimum of three meetings a year will be held with one requiring possible interstate travel and the others will be held via videoconference and teleconference. A training and orientation day will also be held prior to the first meeting and this may also require interstate travel.
Members will be entitled reimbursement for reasonable travel, accommodation and other expenses incurred when travelling to or from CAC meetings, or when engaged on other business for Asthma Australia.
Applications have now closed
Applications for the Consumer Advisory Council have now closed. We are currently in the process of reviewing all applications, and we will be in touch with applicants to advise of the outcomes of the review process.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9326 7088. For queries relating to the purpose of the group, please call Anthony Flynn, Senior Manager Research, Policy and Advocacy on 03 9326 7088.
Expression of Interest for Asthma Australia Consumer Advisory Council Membership
Please fill out the below...
Mandatory field(s) marked with *