Leave a gift in your will
You can make a difference by making a bequest to the Asthma Australia which will touch future generations in many ways.
Over 2.5 million Australians currently live with asthma. Many struggle with breathing every day.
Your legacy can help us change lives!
Bequest gifts help us realise our vision of a world without asthma and help to fund research, education and support services. Your gift may support projects including::
- The next lifesaving research project that makes important new discoveries into the treatment of asthma, and possibly even find that elusive cure.
- A new initiative or program to educate people about asthma.
- The expansion of our education and training.
- Services for people at higher risk of asthma - children, elderly, homeless and Indigenous.
It is the generosity from the community that funds the vast majority of our work and positively impacts the quality of life of those living with asthma. We are so grateful for this vital support.
What is a Bequest?
A bequest is the gift that you leave in your Will. It enables you to leave a legacy that reflects the compassion you showed in your lifetime, and honours the causes close to your heart.
There are many different forms of bequest:
- an outright cash gift
- a percentage of the overall value of your estate
- personal property such as an investment (shares, stocks, bonds), artwork
- a gift of real estate
- proceeds of a nominated bank account
- a residual gift (ie. the balance of your estate after all other obligations have been met)
- any combination of the above
How to include the Asthma Australia in my Will
As we can't provide legal advice it is important you speak with your Solicitor or Trust Advisor when you're making your Will.
To include a Bequest to the Asthma Foundation Queensland and New South Wales in your Will, please provide the following to your Solicitor or Trust Advisor:
"I give and bequeath the sum of $______ to Asthma Foundation Queensland and New South Wales (ABN 91 609 156 630) to be applied for general charitable purposes and, in respect of such legacy, I declare as follows: (a) A general charitable intent shall apply; (b) The receipt of the Chief Executive Officer for the time being shall constitute a full and sufficient discharge to executors and trustees; and (c) The legacy shall be free of any probate or other duty".