This 1-day workshop aims to improve awareness of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) among health professionals.
This course provides health professionals with the essential information and skills to provide education to people with COPD.
Who should attend?
Any health professionals working in direct clinical contact with people who have COPD.
The presenters, who include a wide range of specialists in the area of COPD, will discuss:
- Pathophysiology of COPD;
- The physical and psychosocial profile of people with COPD;
- Medications for the management of respiratory disease;
- Nebuliser usage and selection;
- Guidelines for the management of COPD;
- Oxygen therapy; indications, assessment, domiciliary oxygen;
- Pulmonary rehabilitation;
- Introduction to performing and interpreting spirometry.
The COPD Workshop is presented by expert health professionals from a variety of SA Health Services.
One day. 9:00am - 5:00pm, lunch provided.
To be confirmed, Adelaide.
$300 incl GST
Bookings & Session Dates
Friday, 19th May 2017 9am-5pm
Click here to book a session.
Article Last Reviewed: 13 Dec 2016 | Article Updated: 20 Feb 2017