The Lung Story
The Lung Story is a newly developed education session that uses visuals and conversation to help people who may know very little about asthma, or prefer learning through talking as a group. Learn the basics of how asthma can make you feel, how to get help and support and know what to do to make your asthma better.
Who should sign up?
People with asthma, and/or their carers.
What will I learn?
The Lung Story is based upon the following:
- Recognition of asthma – why it is harder to breathe;
- Understanding how asthma makes you feel (symptoms);
- Being aware of what can make asthma worse (triggers);
- Understanding where to get help and support;
- Knowing what to do to help asthma (medications and devices);
- Knowing Asthma First Aid.
Please allow 90 minutes for a session, particularly if you are using an interpreter.
Lung Story sessions are available across Australia, and can be organised at your local community group - speak to your local Asthma Foundation to organise a suitable venue.
Click here to register your community group for a Lung Story session.
Article Last Reviewed: 03 Dec 2015 | Article Updated: 14 Dec 2016