I am in a sport or recreation group
Asthma Australia and its member Asthma Foundations provide Asthma First Aid training so communities will know what to do in the event of an asthma emergency. Being able to treat an asthma emergency could save a life. The safety of members of your club should not be jeopardised.
1 in 9 Australians have asthma. Up to 90% of people with asthma will experience Exercise-Induced Asthma. Asthma is serious and must not be ignored.
Who should attend?
This course should be completed by officials, trainers, volunteers, coaches, and leaders.
- Signs of symptoms of asthma;
- Identifying asthma triggers;
- Exercise-Induced Asthma;
- Assessing the severity of an asthma attack;
- How to manage an Asthma Emergency;
- Using an Asthma Emergency Kit.
Qualification & Certification
Certificate valid for three years.
This course is presented by an approved Asthma Australia SA trainer.
Training can be provided at your organisation, or at Asthma Australia SA.
$253 per group of up to 20 participants.
Please book your place using the form below or call Jodie on 08 8238 9300
Online training available
This training package may be of particular interest for:
- DECD Swimming and Aquatic Instructors
- Sports trainers
- people who want to refresh their Asthma First Aid knowledge
- coaches or team managers who have members with asthma
$36 per person incl. GST
Online e-Learning Hub
Click here to complete your online training today!
Face-to-Face Course Enrolment Form
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
Article Last Reviewed: 13 Dec 2016 | Article Updated: 28 Jun 2018