The Asthma Foundation of Tasmania exists to help Tasmanians manage the effects of asthma and linked conditions, so they can lead a better life.1
- Our services are accessible to all Tasmanians.
- While we assist people with conditions linked to asthma, our primary focus is on asthma.
- We encourage and support people with asthma to take responsibility for managing their condition.
- Our decisions and actions concerning health and marketing are based on the scientific method.
- Frank and fearless evaluation of what we do ultimately leads to the greatest benefits for people with asthma.
1“Linked conditions” include allergic rhinitis, allergy and COPD. Generally, when we use the word “asthma” in this plan, we are also referring to these linked conditions.
A community free from asthma
Helping Australians breathe better
For over 50 years Asthma Australia has been the leader in asthma health care education, research and support. Asthma Australia delivers evidence-based preventative health strategies to over 200,000 people every year and provides support, training and resources to the primary health care sector. The organisation funds vital basic science and population health research contributing to national and international understandings of asthma and how best to manage the disease.